You must have surely heard about home holographic screens, those which we can use with a smartphone, tablet or adapt to a screen to create a totally original hologram. The big question has always been, what are we going to project? It’s simple, whatever we want … There are examples on the web of what we can project, even you can just download a video and perform tests of the holographic pyramid, but they do not teach us how to create these videos. Here at Vofeel we will show you step by step how to adapt your own videos for holograms using a simple PC program.
Camtasia Studio 8
The software we are going to make use of is called Camtasia Studio version 8, this software provides many tools that we can use in depth but it will serve as the basis to create and adapt our own videos to a holographic screen. This software compiles DVD / CD videos, we can edit the audio of an mp3 or video (and even delete it), view project or rendering progress, the most important thing is that the combination of these tools helps us to create our video adaptation for our holographic pyramid.
If you already have in mind everything you want to do, you only need to follow these prerequisites and start making all the necessary changes. In Vofeel we recommend you yo follow this tutorial as long as you have the following:
- Have a base image to place the videos on (Black image with edges that represent the beginning of each video)
- Install Camtasia Studio 8 on your PC
- Video to adapt the holographic pyramid
Adapting the video
Once we have all these requirements we will need to follow a series of steps that will guarantee that our video will be totally adapted to reproduce it on the smartphone / tablet with a holographic pyramid and achieve the hologram effect. Here at Vofeel we recommend you to follow these instructions step by step in order to succeed in the adaptation:
- Start Camtasia Studio on your PC
- Create a new project from File
- Add all content (Base Image and Video)
- Adjust the screen of the project to the resolution of our smartphone
- First place the base image (Black image with borders)
- Place the video at the top.
Note: Adjust the size of the video to the edges of the black image with borders, as much as possible so that they can all be together.
- 7. Flip the video vertically
- Do the same process for all four sides which would reflect the holographic pyramid
- Select Produce and share when the video is ready
- Select the resolution (MP4 Recommended)
- Select the destination folder
- Finalize and have your video ready to play
The best thing is that you watch a video as a base and example to see if the holographic pyramid works, whenever you follow a tutorial you are given a video to download so that you can prove and verify that your holographic pyramid has been created correctly. It is highly recommended that you use videos with black background, this allows it not to see a background and helps it to better distinguish a single image.
Get familiar with Camtasia studio
If you already have Camtasia Studio it will be much easier to handle because you only have to organize the project and make it work, however if you do not have previous knowledge you may have some problems in some of the steps we mentioned above. First getting acquainted with Camtasia is the best thing you can do, so do everything you can to acquire this knowledge because Camtasia has many tools, both audio and video and maybe you can even get to do a better job than what you’ve been taught here, it all depends on your creativity.